Friday, November 02, 2007

RE: From the Mailbag

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to help out with Jennifer's inquiry. Here are a few more responses that came in email form:



From Keith:

"I'm a practice administrator in the DC area. I find the national and Maryland chapters of the MGMA to be very helpful on a lot of the questions or concerns that I have. I would recommend contacting the Maryland chapter for a referral as a starter; the Executive Director Peter can be emailed directly from the website for the chapter and he is very responsive. National MGMA does have their own consultant team; I've never used them. Many years ago I worked with the Health Care Group in Pennsylvania and found them knowledgeable and helpful.I would have no problem being called by this physician if he/she wants to bounce something off of me. My contact number is: Keith Kelley, Calvert Internal Medicine Group 110 Hospital RD #310 Prince Frederick, MD 20678, 410-414-5311"



From Stephanie:

"MGMA (Medical Group Managers Association) has a strong presence in theDC area. She should contact them online or look them up and see howthey can help her. They have great contacts! Stephanie SmithManager, The Heart Care Center, A Service of Hattiesburg, ClinicPhone: 601-425-5544"



From Chuck:

"You can suggest that the new doctor in Wash DC contact MGMA to find a localconsultant. Terms can be worked out. ChuckCharles E. Everett, MPH, Health Care Strategy and Business Development, chas2020@pacbell.net"



From Joe:

"I'm located in the NW Phila suburbs.....the problem with going to the DC area is travel time. Anyone from Philly would have to be willing to eat about 8 hours for a job that really should won't net much long term revenue. A down and dirty analysis should cost this physician no more than $1,500-$2,500, which is probably all he can afford..I don't know any consultants in the DC area. Wish I did because I've had other inquires from docs in that area but no one to referr them to. Sorry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home